Select Transactions:
Nice S.p.A. in Italy acquires elero Group, the German based leader in manufacturing automation systems for sun protections.
ICFG Hamburg advised the seller in 2011.
Nice S.p.A. in Italy acquires elero Group, the German based leader in manufacturing automation systems for sun protections.
Target Company Name elero GmbH
Deal Types
  • Mergers & Acquisitions
Target Country Germany
Buyer Name / MBO Team / MBI Team Nice S.p.A.
Buyer Country Italy
Transaction Description

elero GmbH is an internationally active manufacturer of electronic drive motors and controls. In September 2011 it was sold to the Italian company Nice S.p.A., which took over 80 percent of the company’s shares from the Munich based private equity company Paragon Partners. The remaining 20 percent of the shares are divided between Paragon Partners and Jochen Lütgemeier.

elero is based in Beuren/Stuttgart, Germany. The company is one of the leading manufactures of drive motors and controls for roller shutters, sun protection systems and rolling doors, as well as an extensive variety of electrical and mechanical accessories. The application possibilities comprise of roller shutters, venetian blinds, awnings, folder shutters, and rolling doors.

A division of elero is also committed to the development and production of electric linear actuators. Subsidiaries for sales and services in France, Italy, Poland, Spain, India, USA, Singapore, Australia and Sweden as well as sole representatives in many other countries ensure the worldwide availability of elero products.

The strategic partnering of Nice and elero, two experts in the field of automation systems, provides a solid foundation for the continuing growth of both companies. Nice S.p.A. was founded in the early 1990s and it is listed in the STAR segment of the Borsa Italiana. Nice develops, produces and distributes automation solutions for doors, garages, road gates, parking systems etc. Both companies’ aim is to offer new impulses and to create opportunities that will enable them to continually offer technological excellence and utmost quality regarding innovative building management, while aiming at energy saving and production of energy from renewable sources.

elero GmbH will profit from the merger in terms of economic stability and continuity. The elero brand will be continued and will keep its identity.

Centum Capital has initiated this multi-national transaction and advised the seller.

For a detailed cases study click here...

Industry Sectors
  • Electrical and Electronic Components
  • Industrial Manufacturing
ICFG Office Hamburg, Germany
ICFG Advisory ICFG Hamburg advised the seller in 2011.

< Back

© 2018 International Corporate Finance Group.   All rights reserved.

International Corporate Finance Group (ICFG) is a non-profit making association, originally established in Zurich/Switzerland, under Article 60 and following of the Swiss Civil Code.

ICFG is domiciled in PO Box 1070, 1211 Geneva 26, Switzerland.